Berlin Area Historical Society
400 Vine Street, Berlin PA 15530
| Preserving Berlin Area history
New Baltimore Borough
Indian Lake Borough
for State and Local History
|Home||Memos||Books Plus||Publishing||Join BAHS||Events||Contact Us||Memories||Curator's Report||Links|
2016 Annual Banquet
Thursday, September 8, 2016
Click here for the invitation in pdf format for printing.
The Genealogy Building located at 400 Vine Street in Berlin, Pennsylvania is our headquarters. We welcome visitors to browse our large collection of artifacts and genealogists seeking historical information about the area and its settlers.
The storage building for the Berlin Area Historical Society is located at 539 Main Street (rear) behind the Heritage Haus and directly across Vine Street from the Genealogy Building. It is a large 45 x 60 ft. barn type structure with board and batten siding, completed in 2005. The purpose of the building is to store and display vintage industrial antiques commonly used or produced in the area.
The Berlin Historical Society maintains the
Haus, a log structure dating from the 1790's. This museum provides
an outlet for the display of artifacts from the region. Just behind the
house, located on Main Street in downtown Berlin is Pius Spring, headwaters
of the Stonycreek river.
The Berlin Area Historical Society has restored the
One-Room Schoolhouse, originally located on Rte. 160, between Roxbury
and Reels Corner in Stonycreek Township. The original Building, dated
from 1868, has been in use at the Glade Church and most recently the Unity
United Church of Christ. The schoolhouse was restored as a museum, completed
David Baker wins the Quilt Raffle
PUT YOUR SUPPORT UP FRONT
Our members and volunteers are our most valuable assets.